The Centre of Technologies is a structure of the University of Plovdiv “Paisii Hilendarski” of the City of Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
It is our honor to have the name of Saint Paisius of the Hilendar Monastery from the sacred Mount Athos, Greece – to patronize spiritually our academic Temple of Science – the University of Plovdiv.
(1722 – 1773)
St. Paisius of Hilendar is also called “Paisii Hilendarski” (1722 – 1773) and is known for having writing down the manuscript: “Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya” (History of Slav Bulgarians) in 1762.
This is a sacred kitab (book) for all Bulgarians, as his monography proved that “Bulgarians are not sheeps without History”. There is a Bulgarian spirit, nation, language, culture, civilization, and traditions.
As a Deputy-Abbot in the Mount Athos he extensively researched and proliferated the knowledge about the greatness of the Bulgarian nation. Thus, he turned into one of the forefathers of the Bulgarian cultural revival in the late XVIII century.
For his great spiritual and earthy endeavours, the Bulgarian Church canonized the reverend Paisius of Hilendar as a Saint on June 26, 1962.
The University of Plovdiv was officially established on July 1, 1961 as a Higher Institute of Pedagogy Sciences, and later in the years transformed to a classic-style University.
The Rectorate Building, 1921
Presently, the University of Plovdiv is the University of the Oldest Town in Europe and the Rectorate Building of the University is stationed at the renovated building of the French College “St. Augustin” at the centre of the City of Plovdiv.